Tuesday, 9 April 2013
[Polarpol] Postgraduate Certificate in Antarctic Studies
PCAS is a 15 week, in-depth, multi-disciplinary programme of study that critically examines contemporary scientific, environmental, social and political debates focused on Antarctica and the Southern Ocean. It includes a 10 day visit to Antarctica, supported by Antarctica New Zealand, where participants undertake a mix of analytical and interpretive field projects and environmental monitoring projects in the vicinity of Scott Base.
The programme provides a unique Antarctic experience that is valuable for:
- Future Antarctic researchers
- Employees and managers within National Antarctic programmes
- Employees within government agencies involved in Antarctic policy or environmental management
- School teachers and university lecturers
- Antarctic enthusiasts
· The programme can be used as part of a Masters Degree.
· Scholarships are available for participants from National Antarctic Programmes.
· Applications close 1 August 2013.
· Further details available: http://www.anta.canterbury.ac.nz/courses/gcas/index.shtml